Skip to main content

Fighting the Sweet villan Sugar!

Hello! Wish you loads of smile :) eeee :)

Nowadays, I'm very much interested in reading something new regarding my subject, "Biotechnology".
People say, "oh Kanmani, you are bright student, then why you chose Biotechnology? It has no scope. You won't earn better. You might have chosen ECE, CSC.. something like that..." But, I'm loving my subject. Biotechnology is the branch where you can survive only when you are much interested. You can earn only when you work with interest and thirst to find something new. I'm thirsty nowadays, reading a lot for beginning with a project. But, I'm finding it much difficult to organize and start with. I'm getting hundreds of ideas, but, I find some of them silly, I find  some of them  complicated, I find  some of them  impossible! But, still, with hope in myself and interest in the subject, I'm continuing. I'm reading daily some info regarding researches. My dream is to  find something new and publish an article in a high impact journal. Okay, let's stop here with my story, and go with the main matter.

Abelmoschus esculentus
Today am gonna share something about the medicinal plants used in treatment of diabetes. These plants are used by many Diabetic patients in South India. My dad is also using preparations from these plants for controlling his blood glucose. Here, I'm just sharing the plants which I came to know.

The below mentioned three plants are found to reduce the blood glucose level. 
Cassia auriculata

Note: The information provided here, may not be "accurate". But, I take much care to provide you with correct information. I share whatever I read and understood.

Salacia oblonga






Click here to read about Salacia oblonga
Click here to read about Cassia auriculata
Click here to read about Abelmoschus esculentus


Wish you good time, Have a sugar free life! :))))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lowry Assay Principle and procedure

Though there are several protein assays available, the most preferred one in many laboratories is "Lowry assay". It is effective in the concentration range of 0.01 mg/ml to 1 mg/ml. And, as an additional info, the paper published describing the procedure and principle of Lowry Assay is the most cited paper in the scientific history. (Feeling like, "Wow! I want to publish one to compete with Oliver.H. Lowry"???  :P) Why Lowry?   Though there are several other protein assays, mostly Lowry assay is used in many laboratories. The reasons for preferring Lowry are: sensitivity of the assay, highly reproducible, cost effective, easy to perform. Biuret assay is generally used for higher protein concentrations like tissue samples but, Lowry for less concentrated samples and hence used in most of the molecular biology laboratories where there will be need for assaying comparatively less concentrated protein samples (in most cases where we attempt to produce enzymes). Oth

Sea Butterfly!

Neih hou!  Don't roll you eyes wondering what it is! "Neih hou" is how you say "hello" in Cantonese. Guess what, I am in Hong Kong and therefore the language Cantonese. I came to Hong Kong this summer as an intern before officially joining as a PhD Student. This is my second experience abroad, far away from home, new language, new culture, I expected me to have a "really" bad cultural shock, but, actually I experienced only 50% of what I expected. For a girl who have used the marina beach only for eating "sundal", bikini in beach was a shock (FEEL FREE TO JUDGE ME!). The first time, I went to the big wave beach here, I was the only one who was totally covered, when everyone was enjoying their Beer, I was slowly sipping my lemon juice (THE ODD ONE OUT!). I realized how beautifully different the world outside is! There is no single standard for right or wrong, it varies in different countries, in different regions around the world. And it

The Butterfly flew for the first time!

Hi dear sweet lovely reader, Didn't meet you for a long time... Just after complaining about the stipend problem in the last post, I actually wanted to write a lot here, but, couldn't find time (Such a lazy girl, I am!). As you might be knowing, the author (me) is the butterfly here :P And, I flew for the first time!! YEAH! I FLEW! I flew like a butterfly! It was an awesome experience flying for the very first time! (ow, no! I dint put a trans-gene in my body and fly after getting  a pair of wings, but with a passport and VISA). I'm this girl, full of dreams wishing to do "this", "that" and "all kind of stuffs that one can do". And, one among those dreams was to fly one day! TO FLY FREE!(I mean, not free of cost :P, but liberation) I always wanted to fly in those big, big airplanes, but, I always have avoided that mode of transport. Reason? Obviously, it would burn a big hole in my dad's pocket (actually he can afford if I wan